The Book: The Secret Keeper
The Author: Beverly Lewis
The Synopsis on the back: Jennifer Burns shocks everyone when she bids farewell to her modern life in favor of the Old Order Amish world, settling in with Samuel and Rebecca Lapp.
The people of Hickory Hollow are curious about the beautiful young seeker among them--one handsome Amish man in particular--and Jenny faces many challenges in the Proving time the brethren set for her . . . challenges of the heart, as well as the spirit.

My Review: I liked it. I've been lucky with the books I've received from this company because there hasn't been a single one I haven't liked so far. This book was interesting and really made me thing. It was about a girl (Jenny) who decided to leave her family and modern life for the life of an Amish woman. Now I'm not saying I want to be Amish, because I don't, but often times I do long for a simpler slower life than that of the world around us. Jenny from the book had a little case of the grass is greener on the other side syndrome in this book I think. She thought that life as Amish would be perfect and that everyone there would be perfect and she was very surprised to find out that they weren't and that they were people too with problems and faults like any one else. I was really interested while reading the book if Jenny was going to make it as Amish or not or if she would end up going back to the modern world and all its conveniences. I will admit that there are quite a few modern conveniences I would miss sorely if I was Amish! I'm glad I don't have to go through that, but it was a really interesting book that gave an insight into the Amish way of life, and I really enjoyed reading it.
I received this book from Bethany House Publishing in exchange for an honest review of the book.

No comments:
Post a Comment