Thursday, October 17, 2013

Stranded (A Book Review)

I got another book from the Bethany House Review Program. (In fact I'm a little behind on my reviews because of our move, so I'll be catching up on that here shortly). Here's the scoop:


The Book: Stranded
The Author: Dani Pettrey
The Synopsis on the back: Darcy St. James returns to Alaska to join a journalist friend undercover on the trail of a big story. But when Darcy arrives, she finds her friend has disappeared. Troubled by the cruise ship's vague explanation, Darcy uses her cover as a travel reporter to investigate further. 
The last person Gage McKenna expects to see during his summer aboard a cruise ship leading adventure excursions is Darcy. And in typical Darcy fashion, she's digging up more trouble. 
He'd love to just forget her--but something won't let him. And he can't help but worry about her as they are heading into more remote regions of Alaska and eventually into foreign waters. Something sinister is going on, and the deeper they push, the more Gage fears they've only discovered the tip of the iceberg.
My Review: I really liked it. The whole time I was reading it, it kept reminding me of my favorite TV show Lois and Clark because of the whole investigative reporter angle. I stayed up way too late (yet again) two nights in a row reading this book because I liked it so much. When I picked it up I was thinking, "I'll just read a chapter of this before I go to bed to help me get sleepy." but before I knew it 7 chapters had gone by and I wasn't sleepy because I just wanted to know what was going to happen next. The book starts right in with the action and doesn't let up until its finished and the whole time you are left guessing about who the bad guys are. This is the third book in the series and I haven't read the first two, but it was good as a stand alone book. I definitely want to go back and read the first two in the series now because I liked this one so well, but this one wasn't lacking with out the first two. It was a fun mystery and very clean. No swearing or sex, which is just the way I like them. :) 

I recieved this book from the Bethany House Review Program for free in exchange for my honest opinion. If you are interested in also recieving books for free to review follow this link www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers

No comments: