So a friend of mine has a sister that wrote a book. She was trying to help promote her sisters book and so she bought it for me in return for me writing a review, so here it is:
The Book: Fairy Dust
The Author: Camryn D. Kearns
The Synopsis (taken from Amazon): Samantha Sunderland is a outdoorsy girl, with a great life. She has the perfect family and a best friend that she can't live without. What she doesn't know is that she was marked at birth to someday become a fairy. Now that her gifts and powers are emerging Samantha must say goodbye to everything she knows and join the fairies. Samantha must learn to control her emotions, which proves harder than it ever has been before. Between losing a chance at love, finding a chance at love and the dangers that this new life affords, the task is almost impossible. Samantha has big choices ahead of her and all she has to do is live long enough to make them.
My Thoughts: I liked it. A lot. There were a few grammatical typos, but they weren't hard to overlook. I really enjoyed the book and I read it quite fast (despite being exhausted from my trip and being sick). It was very clean. No profanity or any other junk that there shouldn't have been. The book painted fairies in a new way that was fun and interesting. I liked the action, enjoyed the story, and was a little bugged by the romance (because I wanted her to like someone else), but over all thought it was a good read and couldn't stop reading it until the very last page. My biggest complaint about the book is that it didn't quite resolve everything with the characters and there isn't another book out yet. (Trust me, I looked.) It was definitely left open for a few sequels. When there is, I will definitely be reading it.
What I'm going to do: Because I thought it was a good book, and I want to help a friend (and her sister) and because the book is pretty cheap on amazon :) I am going to give the first two people to comment on this a copy of the book, also because face it, who doesn't like comments on their blog and I almost never have any. All I need from you is a comment (on this post) and an email address that is linked to your amazon account. The book is an e-book so you would need a way to read it. (Kindle app anyone?) Also if you are really nice, you would leave a little review on Amazon telling what you thought about it. Not required, but it would help the author promote her book a little. Seriously though, it takes like 2 minutes.
Anyone ready to comment and get a free e-book?


2 comments:
I would love to read it :) My amazon email is lexibear05@gmail.com
I'll read it and write a review! My amazon email is mattandavree@gmail.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment