Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lots of pictures

I feel like I'm way behind on blogging, so I'm just going to put up a bunch of pictures and hopefully not too many words!


Here is a picture of Kent with his namesake! Grandpa Bulloch just happened to be in Phoenix for work (only 2 hours away) on the day we were coming home from the hospital and he was able to come down and visit for a little bit and meet his first grandson!

It was kinda funny, my parents were also down at the time and Rachel would point at one grandpa and then the other and she kept saying, "Grandpa!" I think she thought it was cool to see two grandpas at the same time!


Life at home: Jacob was able to take 2 weeks off from work when Kent was born. He actually just went back today. It has been so nice having him home! You can see that Rachel just loves doing things with her cute daddy!


Here are a couple of pictures of Kent's first sponge bath at home. Unlike his first real bath, this one he hated! I was so glad when his umbilical stump fell off!

 Rachel just had to help with the bath, which mostly just meant splashing in the clean water. She loves to watch when he is getting baths though!

I took these pictures of him when he was only a few days old. Its crazy how much he has changed already!  He is so cute!
 
 
 

I took these pictures trying to show how big his feet are and how long his toes are! I'm not sure the pictures do them justice though. This kids feet and hands are huge, and his toes and fingers are so long. He is going to be a tall one for sure!
 

My parents came into town early Tuesday morning (after driving all night long) and stayed until early Friday morning when they decided they better get home (just in case my sister had her baby!) 
 

 I'll admit I was a little apprehensive about having company over right after I had a baby, but they were so helpful! It was actually really nice to have them there. My mom did a lot to help out with meals and picking up our house and Rachel couldn't get enough of Grandma and Grandpa! I think it really helped her transition to have them there!
 
 

I love how just before my parents left, my dad took the time to remind Kent that dolls are yucky!
 

My dad was the one to finally convince Rachel to name her baby doll. They named it Baby Elizabeth! I love hearing Rachel run around saying things like, "Baby Yizbeth poopy!" or "Baby Yizbeth cry!" She is pretty good at taking care of Baby Yizbeth!

Something else I thought was funny is my dad kept calling Rachel "Rachel Jo." Rachel thought that the Jo part must be a good thing since Grandpa kept saying it, so she started calling Jacob, "Daddy Jo" and when talking about my dad she would say, "Grandpa Jo." 


We have loved having our little Kent home with us! I'll try to post more later, because I have lots of pictures and lots of things to write about so I don't forget them!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, he is so cute! And Sarah is right. His toes do look incredibly long. :) And for some reason I am always surprised by how blonde Rachel's hair is in every picture I see of her. Hahaha. I wish we could come see you. Your little family is so cute and it is so fun that Mom and Dad and Jacob's Dad could come visit. Love you guys!

Recovery Guru said...

Whoa...your kid has fingers for toes!! Both your kiddos are pretty cute! I love all the pictures of mom and dad with your kiddos. It seems the only good pictures we can get of dad are when he is holding new babies. Keep all the pictures coming!!!