Monday, September 10, 2012

3 Weeks and 21 1/2 Months

Kent:
He is 3 weeks old today! Crazy that it has already been three weeks!
He is wearing size 1 diapers and size 0-3 month clothes.
He weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces putting him in the 58% for weight.
He is 22.5 inches long making him in the 94% for height. At the doctors office last week, the tech was the one that measured him and she just wrote down his measurements for the doctor. His doctor saw that it said he had grown 2 1/2 inches in 2 1/2 weeks and she had to remeasure him because she thought it must have been a mistake.
He loves bath time!
He has had a cold that his sister so lovingly shared with him.
He loves loves loves to snuggle! Even when Rachel was this little I don't remember her loving to snuggle as much!
He eats about every 3.5 hours at night time and a little more often during the day. He makes me laugh because if I am holding him upright against me when he is hungry, he will flop himself over into a laying down position and start licking my arm. He knows what kind of a position he needs to be in to eat and he does what he can to get there.


Rachel:
She is 21.5 months! It so crazy what a big girl she is. It seems like it was her we just brought home from the hospital!
She weighs 32.2 pounds which puts her in the 99% for weight.
She is 35 inches tall making her in the 94% for her height.
She is potty trained except for night time and nap time.
She wears mostly all size 5T clothes.
She loves doing anything outside no matter the weather.
She loves her baby brother and loves to do anything to help her mommy with him.
She knows all her letters and the sounds they make and the signs for almost all of them as well.
She talks up a storm! This girl can say just about anything and repeats almost everything that she hears her mama say.
She loves loves loves to color.
She loves love loves to go to nursery on Sunday. She remembers to say thank you for nursery in almost every prayer she says and tells me frequently through out the week, "Sunday, church, nursery!"
She makes me laugh because she she says my instead of I'm, so "My tired, My hungry, My running, My happy!" Sometimes when she is whining I will tell her, "Be happy Rachel!" and she will say, "No happy, my sad! My crying!"



The Daddy:
Jacob went back to work last Tuesday and on Wednesday was his birthday! He is 26 years old! Wow! I'm married to an old guy! :) He has been super busy with work and with his new calling as Young Mens President. We also got news of a deployment in our future (of which I won't post dates on here for security reasons). We knew it was going to happen sometime, and I have dreaded the day he would come  home and tell me he was scheduled for one, but surprisingly the day he came home and told me about it, I felt a lot of peace. That doesn't mean I'm not scared to be apart from him for so long and to have to take care of these two kids by myself, but it just means I know Heavenly Father is looking out for our little family and that he will take care of us.
I love watching Jacob with our kids! He is such a cute daddy and I can see that he loves both of our kids very much. Poor guy though is a pretty light sleeper and wakes up almost every time Kent does. Maybe we need to get him some ear plugs or something so he isn't so tired for work everyday.


The Mommy:
I am feeling better and better all the time, and am loving every minute of being a mother of two. Some minutes I love a little less than others, like the super sleepy ones or the occasional tantrums, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love that I get to stay home with my kids and see every new thing they do. I love that I get to be the one to feed them and take care of them and kiss them better. I love that I get to teach Rachel how to be a mom with my new little baby. I love snuggling my little Kent boy and giving him kisses and hugs and nursing him and watching him grow.
I went back to church yesterday and I was so happy to be there! I was ready for a little break from primary I thought, but I am so happy to be back! I love all of those Primary kids! It was a little crazy deciding who took Kent when though, but we worked everything out.
I am currently down 20 pounds from having Kent, but unfortunately i gained more this pregnancy than I would like to admit, so I still have a little ways to go til I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I can hardly wait for 3 more weeks when I can start to work out again and I can whip this body back into shape! The good news is though that I do fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes even if they fit a little differently than they did before.


Well that is a little update on our family in a nutshell. I wish I had some pictures to upload right now, but life has been a little busy and it has been hard enough just to find the time to sit down and write this post, so for now it is back to my busy, crazy, fun little family!

1 comment:

Jen and Josh said...

Love reading all the updates! You have such a CUTE little family! I'm sorry to hear about Jacob being deployed again, but both of you are being watched over and protected! You're both doing the right things for your family :) Kent sounds a lot like Jett when he was 3 weeks old, he totally does the leaning and scooting down to the "nursing" position haha. I love it. Keep up the updates, love reading them:)