On Monday our little one was two weeks old. During that two weeks he and I were either in the hospital or in our home. Don't get me wrong, I love being home, but I NEEDED a little break before Jacob went back to work and I was stranded at home all week with the little ones again. Rachel also was a little stir crazy from staying inside more than we usually do. We decided to go for a drive up to Mt Lemmon. We hadn't ever been up there before and it was only about a 1 hour drive. I was super stiff and sore from the drive even though it was a short one, but it was the excursion I needed.
We drove up to a little place called The Cookie Cabin and bought pizza and cookies to share and my little Kent boy slept through the whole thing. He actually only woke up once during our whole trip and that was because he was hungry.
While I fed Kent, Rachel and Jacob went out exploring a little. They found a cute little stream and climbed down to play in it. Rachel called it yucky water, but she loved it. When I was done feeding Kent I found them playing in it and Rachel kept wanting me to play in the yucky water too. It was a little bit of a climb down though and I wasn't willing to climb down while holding my little sleepy baby.
We really weren't there for long, just long enough for all of us to eat, and then I was pretty tired and ready to head back home. It was nice to get out of the house though and do something a little different.
Being up there on the mountain made me really really want to go camping. Our ward is having a daddy daughter camp out next weekend and Jacob wants to take Rachel. Depending on if they have a good time or not and if Rachel likes it (which I'm pretty sure she will) I'll have to see if I can convince Jacob to take us all camping soon!

1 comment:
sounds so fun! Glad you got to have the break you needed. and you are looking amazing, by the way! :)
Post a Comment