Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 1 of the Baby Whisperer

Today starts the second week of our new baby whisperer routine with Rachel, and some days I feel like it is working wonders and other days I just want to sit down and bawl (some days I have!!) So far we have succeeded in two respects. I don't have to feed Rachel to get her to sleep although she would still like me to, and she is now sleeping in her crib all night long and for naps which is a big improvement on what we were doing. The first few days Rachel took to our new routine and did really well, but I'm not sure what happened, but after those first few days she started fighting going to sleep. For the most part she is doing better but last night she woke up 8 times during the night! We are going to stick to it and hopefully Rachel will start sleeping better, crazy girl! I could tell she was just as tired as I was this morning when we woke up. Well, she just woke up from her nap so I better go get busy! I love this girl!

2 comments:

Emily Grant said...

I think getting a good sleep routine is one of the toughest things as a parent! Amanda seems to go in phases where she is really great about going to bed for a while, then fights it again. I think we've finally figured out a good routine for her now though... hopefully! Good luck with cute little Rachel!

Avree said...

I loved that book. I followed the plan and it made it so I was able to feed Spencer, lay him down in his crib (still awake), and walk away until the next morning. He would stand up sometimes as I walked out of the room but he realized I wasn't coming back so he'd just lay back down eventually. Good luck!