I can't believe how fast time flies! My little girl is getting so big! She turned 7 months old last week! She is closer to her next birthday than she is to her original birthday! That seems so crazy to me!
Here are just a few things about my baby at 7 months:
Rachel weighs 22.3 pounds! (She lost .2 pounds this week, probably from all of her scooting!)
She is 28-ish inches long. ( I measured her myself and she is super wiggly)
She can pull herself to standing in her crib.
She is finally starting to get some hair! I am so excited about this that I had to take quite a few pictures of it!
I know I've already said this, but she is scooting! I love watching her scoot! It is so fun to see her starting to explore what ever room we are in. She hasn't ever quite left the room without me yet. She will sometimes start to go down the hall, but she never goes far enough that she can't see me.
She picks up everything she finds on the floor and puts it in her mouth. I can't even tell you how many times she gets something in her mouth and I don't even know about it until she starts choking on it. Also she gets mad when I try to get whatever is in her mouth out. She shakes her head and tries to keep me from getting in her mouth.
This is a little video I took a few weeks ago when she very first started scooting. My internet has been super slow and I haven't been able to upload it til now. She is a lot quicker and goes a lot farther now. I don't have to coax her to get her to scoot anymore either.
She loves to eat. . .big people food. She has taken to refusing any form of baby food (baby mum-mums not included, because they are a cracker which means they are big people food). I can't even get her to eat applesauce which she loved before!
She is now going to sleep in her crib and she spends the whole night in it, except for when she is nursing. She wakes up quite a few times to eat during the night and I don't know how to get her to sleep longer. I have tried upping the amount of calories she gets during the day to see if that will help, but so far it hasn't. She makes me tired.
She still loves to go outside. She doesn't even mind that it is so hot! The other day my mom was leaving the house and she opened the front door and Rachel bolted. I watched her to see how far she would go, and Rachel scooted all the way outside. She didn't go past the doormat onto the cement though, but it was pretty funny!
She loves to eat watermelon! Actually she likes pretty much any fruit, but she particularly likes watermelon because she can feed it to herself.
She just had her 1st Father's Day and unfortunately it was with out her Daddy. We got to see her Grandpa Bulloch the day before and her Grandpa Banks that day though. She has the best Grandpa's ever!
My little girl is growing so fast and discovering new things every day and I love it! I'm sure there are many more things that are new this month, but I'm a tired mommy and my brain doesn't want to think anymore. If only I could just get this girl to sleep through the night! I love being Rachel's mom! She keeps me busy and tired, but it is totally worth the work! I love this little girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment