Monday, June 27, 2011

Bed time is for squares

So as you know, I've been working on getting Rachel on a routine and on getting her to sleep in her crib. Ever since she started being more mobile she has been getting wigglier and wigglier. She has a hard time sitting still for any length of time. She doesn't cry as soon as I put her in her crib anymore because she knows that if she doesn't want to lay down and go to sleep, she doesn't have to. Here is an example of how our going to sleep routine goes almost every night. This is after we have wound down by reading stories and singing songs.


Eventually after a while she does stop doing that and then she starts doing this:


My baby girl is just so funny! It is exasperating to have to keep laying her back down so many times every night, but I can't help but love this little wiggly girl. It is all I can do to keep from cracking up as I'm trying to get her to sleep. (On good days that is.) She is so cute! I just love my baby girl

2 comments:

Avree said...

Have you tried just letting her play and wiggle until she lays down on her own? I used to hear Spencer in his crib playing for about 10-15 minutes and then he'd get bored and lay down and go to sleep.

Emily Grant said...

I did the same thing with Amanda. I would even let her have a book (one that couldn't rip or have little parts or anything) that she could look at until she fell asleep. She would just wiggle and play for a while, and then eventually fall asleep.

Good luck with your cute little Rachel! Sleep training can be so hard sometimes!