Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CHANGE OF PLANS!

I really should be taking a nap while my little one is sleeping, I definitely didn't get enough sleep last night. Or if I'm awake I should be doing something productive like showering or doing the dishes, but instead I'm sitting here blogging and looking for a house to move into in Arizona on craigs list.
It seems that as soon as I get used to the idea of one plan, something happens to change it all up. Jacob was talking to his Sargents yesterday and they were telling him that it is almost impossible for someone in the Air Force to live off base while at Goodfellow Air Force Base which is where he is going next in Texas. They also said that the training there is as intense if not more so than it was here at the DLI. They said he will be in class all day long and then he will have even more classes in the evening after dinner. He doesn't even have the guarantee of having every weekend off! So I can't even plan on seeing him on the weekends. What we thought was going to happen is that the three of us would move into a little apartment and we knew Jacob would be busy, but I thought he would at least be able to come home at night. We were planning on just taking with us what we could fit in our car because it isn't a long enough time for the Air Force to move us out there. That said we have made the decision that Rachel and I won't be going to Texas to live during the time that Jacob will be at Goodfellow. It was a hard decision to make, but we feel at peace with it. Instead Rachel and I will be moving to Arizona which is Jacob's next duty station after Goodfellow. I am actually quite nervous about moving there and living there on my own for the 4 or 5 months that we will be apart, but for some reason I feel this is where I'm supposed to be. I will hopefully be able to visit Jacob during this time sometimes, but it is going to be so hard to be apart from him again. Just the thought of being apart again makes me want to bawl (and last night when we were making the decision it did!) We are going to take some time after Christmas while we are driving to Texas to stop in Arizona and hopefully we will be able to find a place to live and we can get all of that squared away then while I have Jacob there to help me. Also Jacob found out that he can't take his paternity leave right next to the other leave so we can't leave here as soon as we were hoping to. We will probably try to be out of our house here on 18th though so that is still about 2 1/2 weeks. We are hoping Jacob can take his paternity leave before then and that way we would get a little time together here before he has to leave and he can help me get the house ready to move. This is so different from what we were planning that it is hard for me to really grasp it.

2 comments:

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh I'm sorry. That sounds kind of stressful. Hopefully the time will go by fast! You two always do the right thing and Heavenly Father takes good care of you. Everything will be okay. We love you!

Tammy said...

I am sorry too. I will be glad when all this training is over and all three of you can be together again. I do have to hope this means that you and Rachel girl will be spending some time in Utah. I know that you probably feel more at home at your Mom's but know that you are always welcome to stay with us as long as you want. We love you and Jacob and now Rachel so much!