Wednesday, December 8, 2010

updates and pictures

I just wanted to take a minute and give a few updates and put up some pictures of our little Rachel-girl! She is getting so big! She had her two week check-up yesterday and she weighed 9 pounds and 5 ounces and she is 22 1/4 inches long! She has gained 1 pound and 2 ounces in 1 week and 1 day! She is such a good little girl! She has been sleeping pretty good at night, and she has long awake times in the morning and in the evening. This morning she was awake for almost 3 hours! Her belly button is finally all healed up so we have started giving her real baths and she loves it. At first she wasn't sure what to think and she kind of panicked a little bit, but she quickly got used to being in the water and just relaxed! She has recently realized that she likes to be held and snuggled more than she likes sleeping in her own bed alone, but she still does pretty well sleeping in her own bed. We just love this little girl so much!

As far as moving goes, Jacob still doesn't have his orders, but we are trying to move everything ourselves instead of having the Air Force move it for us because they will give us a certain amount of money to do it ourselves and we can move it cheaper than that so with the extra money we get from moving everything ourselves, I can hopefully use it to go and visit Jacob a little more while he is in Texas than I would have otherwise been able to do. We are trying to have our house ready to move out of next week. That is when the truck is coming anyway. Hopefully this little girl of ours will let us get everything packed up! And hopefully Jacob will get his orders soon and we can get everything figured out with that as well.

I just added these pictures so everyone could see what our little girl looks like, but now that she is asleep I'm going to take advantage of it and try to get some things packed up so enjoy!












5 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

Mary she is so cute and getting way to big!!! I love her! You look great too, way to go mare! I can't wait to see your cute little Rachel girl!!!

Julie said...

What a cute little girl. Where did that cute orange night gown come from? :) You look super cute in that picture where you are holding her too. Love you sister! Give Rachel a big squeeze from her Aunt Julie!

LeAnn said...

Isn't she darling? I think she looks like Jake in some of those pictures. But I think she has your eyes. At any rate she is the cutest little thing ever. I can't wait to hug her and kiss her when you get here!

Love you,

LeAnn

Kaylyn and Brady Blake said...

Mary Ann! good job rachel so cute! and i am so happy for you guys! and good luck with the packing :)

Susan said...

Jacob and Mary Ann, Rachel is sooo cute!!!! I can't believe how fast she is growing:) Good job!!!!