Monday, November 8, 2010

Other News

So I just realized that I never posted how Jacob did on his Spanish tests last week. We found out on Tuesday, but then my mom was here and we were busy having fun so I forgot. Jacob got a 2 on the listening portion and a 3 on the reading portion of the test which is passing and means that he will start getting and extra 300 dollars a month for passing those tests! I married such a smart boy! He hasn't really used his Spanish since his mission so it is really awesome that he was able to do so well after only a week and a half of reviewing it.
Now that he has passed those tests, he has been spending his time at work looking over Portuguese. He wants to see if he can pick that up and eventually take the Portuguese DLPT as well. He says it is quite a bit different than Spanish, but the reason he decided to look in to Portuguese next is because the military actually offers two different Portuguese DLPT tests. One for Brazilian Portuguese and another for the Portuguese they speak in Portugal. We'll see how this works out for him. My husband is just so smart and it makes me laugh how he just wants to be able to speak all of the different languages! I know that if he works at it he will be able to do it! He is smart and just has a knack for picking up languages.
So last week at my doctors appointment, I was dilated to a 1 which I was pretty excited about! I had never been dilated to a one before. This week while my mom was here we walked and walked and walked and walked. We even sang as we walked like the pioneer children! (Speaking of pioneers, we both decided that we are so very grateful we didn't have to walk across the plains pregnant like so many of those women had to!) It will be interesting to see if all of that walking we did made much of a difference. I'll find out when I go to my doctors appointment later today and he checks me again. I just wonder when our little Rachel-girl is going to make her appearance! I wish we knew! I am so excited to meet her and be her mommy! We keep hoping that she won't take too long to get here because we would really like to go home for Thanksgiving to see our family, but Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away so if we are going to be able to make it she needs to come soon! I love this little girl so much already! It will be fun to actually get to see her and hold her and take care of her! I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I was actually wondering about that. I figured he must have been able to extend the date for when he took the test when you didn't say anything about it. Congratulations Jacob. You really are a smarty!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Way to go Jacob! He is so smart! I hope little Rachel-girl comes in time for you guys to come for Thanksgiving! We are coming to Hurricane for Thanksgiving, but not Christmas. Amanda and I might be able to come down around Christmas sometime though if it means we can meet little Rachel! Oh... Billy took me on a really bumpy car ride the morning I went into labor with Amanda. Do you know any bumpy roads? :)