Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcome Rachel Elizabeth Bulloch!

This morning at 2:10 am a wonderful gift was given to us! We were able to finally finally finally see, hear, and hold our sweet little Rachel-girl! She was 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20.5 inches long and 5 days overdue! After 31 hours of labor we were blessed with the sound of our little babies cry. I cannot even express the love that I feel for this little bundle of joy that we have.
It is so fun! Today is actually my oldest niece Gracie's birthday so these two cousins get to share the same birthday. Gracie was so excited when she found out I was having a girl (she has 3 younger brothers) and was even more excited when she found out she was going to share a birthday month. I think our Rachel girl just wanted to be like her Gracie cousin so she decided to wait a little longer so they could have that extra bond!


I am so happy to finally have this little girl in my arms where she belongs!


Here is a picture of Rachel with her Grandma Banks! We were so glad that she was able to make it here in time for the birth. She got here to the hospital at about 11:30 pm and our Rachel was born at 2:10 am the next morning, so she was only here for the last 3 hours of my labor, but she was a big help, especially when the doctor was sewing me up after I tore! She let me squeeze her hand while I sent Jacob over to see what the nurses were doing with our Rachel-girl.



She is just loving her fingers. She can't seem to get enough of them. She has even tried to stick them in her mouth while we are trying to breastfeed which to her dismay she is finding out doesn't work very well.
These next two pictures are of Rachel's first bath! She certainly didn't like it at all!





Look at all this hair! It is so cute! It is about an inch long in the back, but it is shorter in the front. It looks like it is a light brown color and just oh so cute!

We just love this little girl and we are so happy to be her parents!

5 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

She is so cute sister!! I can't tell who it is that she looks the most like, I see some of Jacob and Mary in her!! Congrats on such a cute little bundle!! I can't wait to meet her someday!!

Sandy N. said...

Thank you for sharing! I am so excited for you. I often think I'm am the luckiest mommy in the world for the beautiful little character Heavenly Father sent to me, and I know you feel the same about little Rachel. It is so fun to watch their character and personality come out as they grow, and the silly, unique little things they do, like how she sticks her fingers in her mouth constantly! Too cute. Good luck to you! I can't wait to see you and the little one, but we're going to stay away until this nasty cold in our house is completely gone. Get some rest new mama!

Katianne said...

Mary Ann! I can not express how happy I am for you! She is adorable! I'm glad things are going well, but I'm sure you would spin them in a positive light no matter :) Congratulations and best wishes, even if we don't see each other, I love to see how you're doing and see your cute family here!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Look at that hair! So so cute! I love all the pictures! Keep em' coming! I love her so much!

Avree said...

Congrats, she is a beautiful baby! Way to go Jacob and Mary!