Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom

So my mom has been here visiting for the past week and had to go home to day because she has to work tomorrow. We have had so much fun this week! We also tried almost anything we think of to get our little Rachel-girl to make an appearance so that my mom could be here to help out with the labor and delivery. Unfortunately Rachel just wasn't ready to come out and play while my mom was here. My mom and I had so much fun! We went for long walks on the beach and got completely soaked a couple of times, we went to the Old Fisherman's Wharf for some fresh fish, we played in the cold cold water of the ocean, we walked to the park and walked around a big lake and watched the duck and seagulls play in the water, we went for a long drive along the coast, we went to the produce market numerous times where it was so fun just to watch my mom because she looked like a kid in a candy store, we made lots of yummy food like guacamole and bean dip and lasagna and chicken noodle soup and sour dough bread and rolls and honey oat bread and green smoothies and pumpkin ice cream, we went out to a fun Korean restaurant to eat the spicy food to see if it would put me in labor, we sewed burp cloths and blankets and tried to bribe my little Rachel-girl to come out and play, we painted toenails and gave foot massages, we used essential oils and acupressure to try and put me into labor, we visited for hours on end and just had fun! It was sad to see her go home today and I know she was pretty sad too. Our little Rachel girl is her first grandbaby that she won't be there for during the labor and delivery. We wish that she could be here when our baby finally arrives, but it was so fun to get to spend that time together with my mom. I can't even remember the last time my mom and I got to spend so much time together just playing and having fun with each other! We had been praying that Rachel would be born while my mom was here so that she could be here to help out with everything, but I think that maybe my mom and I just needed that time for just us to strengthen our relationship with each other more. Thank you Mom for driving all that way and coming to visit me! I had so much fun and I hope you did too! I love you Mom!

No comments: