Monday, November 29, 2010

1 week and 1 day old

So Rachel had a doctor's appointment last week on Wednesday. They told us then that she weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and that she was 21 inches long. At her doctors appointment today she weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. She has grown a whole inch since she was born and has gained 7 ounces in the last 5 days! Wow! I can't believe how fast she is growing already! She is just the sweetest little baby! I'm so glad that for now at least she has her days and nights in the right order. She only woke up twice during the night last night, and she was awake for about 2 hours this morning! It is hard to think about anything else besides this little one! I just love her so much! I look at her and think about how incredible it was that she grew all of those months inside my tummy into this perfect little angel. We are so happy to have her here in our lives.

So I'm not sure if I ever posted about this or not, but we found out for sure that we will be going to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tuscan, Arizona after we are done in Texas. We were actually quite excited to find that out and Jacob also found out from someone in our ward who just moved from there that he will probably get deployed a lot less from there than if we had been assigned to Nebraska like we thought we were going to be. We aren't exactly sure what his job will be like when we get there, but we are excited to be a little closer to home than we thought we would be. Jacob is going to try to take his paternity leave starting the middle of next week and then he has his Christmas break right afterwards so we will probably be moving out of this house and going and visiting family either sometime next week or the week after. Jacob just needs to get his orders and get things scheduled with the movers so we will know when it will be. It kind of snuck up on me what with our baby coming when she did! I could hardly believe it when Jacob told me today that his paternity leave starts next week! I totally don't feel ready to move! Oh well, I guess I will get ready fast!

2 comments:

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh wow! I wish we were closer to you and could help with the move and everything. Sounds like life is busy! :) Little Rachel is so cute! I'm glad she is growing and doing well!

Recovery Guru said...

I can't wait to see you little Rachel!! I wish that we could help move too. Moving with a brand new baby is bound to be interesting! Good luck sister!!