Monday, September 16, 2013

St. George

Tomorrow morning I am taking my two kids and starting the 10 1/2 hour drive to Southern Utah...without my husband. Yes I'm crazy, but I'm also brave. I'm going to go help watch two of my sister's kids while she is 5 hours away with her oldest child who will be getting her second open heart surgery. My niece is 6. I can't imagine having to watch your child endure something so painful and scary, let alone being the child that has to go through it! 
If anyone reading this could please take an extra few seconds in your prayers to mention my niece I would appreciate it. One of my other sisters is also going to help me with the kids. Between the two of us we will be taking care of 5 kids ages 4,2,1,1,and 6 months. While you are mentioning my niece in your prayers, will you mention us too? It will be fun to spend time with those cute little munchkins, but I'd be kidding myself if I didn't acknowledge the fact that its going to be crazy too. 
I know it's only going to be a few weeks, but I have a hard time leaving Jacob. He is so good and supportive. He didn't even question my going and helping  when I told him about Sydney's surgery, in fact before I could even ask him if I could go help out he just assumed I would. I love that boy! 
The craziness starts tomorrow! Wish us luck! 

No comments: