Kent is on the move. Last week he figured out how to crawl and how to pull him self up to stand. This week he conquered the stairs. All of that + Kent = TROUBLE!!! I thought he was into everything before, but being able to pull himself up adds a whole new element of fun! Things are no longer "safe" from him just because they aren't on the ground. The couch and chairs are no longer out of reach, much to Rachel's dismay. I used to tell her that if she didn't want kent to reach her books, then to climb on a chair to read them. That is no longer the case. Now he can take things from her when she is in chairs too! Kent also tris to get into trouble because he has a fascination with cords. He reaches his arm as far as he can behind the tv trying to find some. He also can pull himself up to his knees on the wall which makes outlets the perfect level to play with. I don't remember Rachel every really noticing outlets much. Kent knows where they all are, especially in his room and he is so determined that once he has his mind fixed on that outlet we have to go into another room to make him forget. Rachel as a baby was much easier to distract.
Diaper changing with this kid is a joke. He twists, he turns and does everything he can to get away. I remember this stage with Rachel too, but Kent is so much more determined than Rachel was. I have to lift one leg in the air holding his hips off the ground so he can't get very far and change him one handed, and I always try to give him a toy, but even so he tries his hardest to get away. This stage is do funny with babies. They are too wiggly and busy exploring to sit still the 30 seconds or so that it takes to change their diaper, when if they would sit still for it, it would be so much quicker.
I've had to start putting the baby gate up because kent is a stair master. Unfortunately it takes a few months for them to figure out how to go the other direction. For now he can only go forward. At first he only went on the stairs when I put him there because we were all going up. I decided on the baby gate when I asked Rachel to tell me what Kent was doing and she found him halfway up!
Oh my word, this baby is so busy and wild, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way! I love his curiosity, his determination, and all his movement. When he pulls himself up on the chair or couch where I'm sitting, or in me, the look in his eyes says, "Did you see that Mom? Did you see what I did?" He is proud of himself every single time and he wants to share it with me. He is such a sweet baby! I can't imagine our lives with out him. Seriously, what did we do before he came along? We must have been so bored and lonely! I love watching Kent learn every new thing, and conquer every step. I feel so blessed that not only do I get to be his mom, but I get to stay at home with him and spend every moment with him and Rachel! I get to see all of the things they are doing, and I don't have to hear about it from someone else. I don't regret at all the decision to be a play-at-home mom. I went to school through a long and definitely taxing program to earn my nursing degree, but the amount of money I could bring in, even if it was doubled or tripled, could never make up for the time I would lose with my kids. I get to see all of their new tricks. I get to know all of their little quirks. I get the privilege of being their best friends. I get the sweetest hugs and the slobberiest kisses. I love my job, and honestly wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment