Thursday, April 11, 2013

Conference

Wasn't conference so wonderful? I look forward to conference every time it comes around. I wasn't sure how it would go with my two wiggly little munchkins, if I would be able to pay attention at all, and Rachel got super sick the day before. She was going at both ends. It was so sad to see her so sick. Thankfully it was just a 24 hour bug and she wasn't barfing during conference.

I switched my couch and table around so that we could have a comfy place to watch. When Rachel came down to breakfast on Saturday, she said, "This is so funny!"



Rachel was quite excited for conference too. She kept telling me how excited she was and she kept telling Heavenly Father how excited she was in her prayers too. Then when one session would end she would tell me, "I want to watch more conference!"

 Here are some of her drawings from conference. She is getting so good at drawing!


She told me she was giving President Monson LOTS of hair. :)

If you look where I'm pointing on this one, you can see where she drew herself next to the singing lady. I love that she is trying to draw now!

Kent got a little bored and was trying to escape.



I love him!
Making a fruit loop necklace.








I didn't know how much I needed conference until it started. There were so many talks that I just needed to hear. I know that every one of those that spoke were called of God. One talk that really stood out to me was the one by Sister Dalton about "What e're thou art, act well thou part." I had heard the line before, but it really stood out to me. It was a fun couple of days, and I'm already itching to read some of the talks again. 

I really missed having Jacob there to watch conference with us, but he has been listening to it in his spare time and it is fun to have that little connection even though he is so far away.

No comments: