Monday, December 17, 2012

Superman of Power!

If you've never read a Piggie and Elephant book by Mo Willems, go do it. Now, after you read this post! 
We love the Piggie and Elephant books at our house. In fact we read at least one of them almost every day. Some families quote movies, but ours quote Piggie and Gerald. There is one book about throwing a ball, and Piggie throws Gerald's ball and he thinks he has thrown it around the world when in fact it only went a few feet and landed behind him. In the book Piggie is really excited and says, "Call me super pig with my arm of power! Need to throw a ball, here's the pig to call!" 
Rachel is really cute and she is trying to make all sorts of connections. She loves these books. Today she came up to me and said, "Call me Superman of Power! Ha ha ha!" She kept saying it over and over and Jacob was the one to figure out she was trying to quote that Piggie and elephant book. She knows who Superman is because that is what Kent was for Halloween, so she made the connection. I had heard her say that before sometimes followed by "power of God!" but had never made the connection to the book. She frequently quotes those books and I love it! I love how much she loves reading books! She would honestly rather read book than do just about anything else! 
As part of our night time routine, Jacob reads her three books. I know she is going to miss that special time with her Daddy when he is deployed. I think we are going to record him reading some books so she can still have that for while he's gone. 

I love seeing this cute sight every night! I love my famiy!

No comments: