We have been having such fun time at our house getting ready for Christmas. We have been watching Christmas movies, singing Christmas songs, talking about the nativity and our savior, making candy, drinking hot chocolate, looking at Christmas lights, and anything else we can think of, and we still have plans for going caroling and doing a Christmas pageant. I love this time of year. I love the traditions, and I especially love starting new traditions with my family and doing my best to make it a magical season for my Rachel-girl!
My Rachel-girl is so sweet! We have focused a lot on the Savior and the real reason for the season. It is so important to me that my kids know what Christmas is all about that we decided to not have Santa in our home. I know many probably think that is awful but it is a personal decision we have made for our family, and so far I have loved it. Instead of teaching my kids that Santa is watching so the need to be good so they can get presents, we are focusing on being good as a present for Jesus. I have taught Rachel that Christmas is Jesus's birthday and how we give presents to remember him on that special day and Rachel being her sweet innocent self has been telling me she wants to give Jesus a present. When I tell her the things we can do to give him presents, she says, "No, Jesus wants my fwog!" She has been so adamant about Jesus wanting her frog for weeks now. I think it is the cutest thing ever!
As I was decorating my tree this year I wanted something on it to help remind us of the savior, so here are some of the decorations I made for the tree this year.
My Rachel-girl is so sweet! We have focused a lot on the Savior and the real reason for the season. It is so important to me that my kids know what Christmas is all about that we decided to not have Santa in our home. I know many probably think that is awful but it is a personal decision we have made for our family, and so far I have loved it. Instead of teaching my kids that Santa is watching so the need to be good so they can get presents, we are focusing on being good as a present for Jesus. I have taught Rachel that Christmas is Jesus's birthday and how we give presents to remember him on that special day and Rachel being her sweet innocent self has been telling me she wants to give Jesus a present. When I tell her the things we can do to give him presents, she says, "No, Jesus wants my fwog!" She has been so adamant about Jesus wanting her frog for weeks now. I think it is the cutest thing ever!
As I was decorating my tree this year I wanted something on it to help remind us of the savior, so here are some of the decorations I made for the tree this year.
This year for the first time ever as a family we made a gingerbread house. We had so much fun and it is something I totally want to make into a tradition.
Here's Jacob helping me cut out the pieces.
Jacob is so good at this kind of thing. I love watching his creative side come out when he is helping me with a project!
Again, Here is Rachel decorating herself instead of the tree. I love this girl!

Kent loves looking at the lights on our tree! I do too, that is one of my favorite things to do. Snuggling in front of the tree just looking at the lights!
Kent loves looking at the lights on our tree! I do too, that is one of my favorite things to do. Snuggling in front of the tree just looking at the lights!
I just love Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment