Friday, December 21, 2012

Big boy!

Kent turned 4 months yesterday! I can't believe how big this boy is getting! His constant state is wiggly and happy! I know that if he stops wiggling then he is getting tired and if he stops being happy then he is hungry. I love this sweet boy so much! I just weighed him and he has gained 3.1 pounds in the last month and now weighs 19 pounds which puts him above the 95th percentile for his weight! I think that is really funny because  he now out weighs Rachel at that age by a half a pound. He is wearing size 3 diapers and for the most part his clothes are size 9-12 months!

He found his toes this last week and loves to grab them. I remember when Rachel first found her toes she would pull them to her mouth and eat them, but Kent isn't as flexible as she was. He has a lot more muscle on his body than she did so he can't stretch as far.

He makes spit bubbles all day long and completely soaks his shirts.

He is officially too big for his swing. I put him in it last night while I ran to go to the bathroom. When I was in the bathroom, I heard a big thump. I ran out to see what had happened and he was laying on the ground underneath his swing just watching it move. Thankfully it is close to the ground and he wasn't hurt. He was just laying there happy and wiggly as can be. I totally should have buckled him in, but I thought he would be fine for just a minute. I felt so bad! I kept hearing that thump over and over in my head the rest of the evening. Poor little baby!


Kent is sitting up. He still tips over quite frequently and I wouldn't just leave his sitting up all by himself, but he can do it. 

He is so funny. He can be happy and wiggly and laughing one minute, and then in the next you can see a wave of tiredness come over him and he is tired and hungry and whine until you either feed him or put him down for a nap.

He is a finger sucker and a thumb sucker!

He is so wiggly and loves when you help him wiggle. In fact the easiest way to get him to sleep is to swaddle him and then bounce him. Today Jacob was putting him down for a nap and it was cracking me up because he was holding a swaddled Kent and jogging around the house. Kent was asleep within minutes.

He still doesn't sleep through the night. He wakes up on average about 2 times a night. At night he sleeps in his crib, but for naps he loves to sleep in his bouncer or in my arms. :)


He is trying to grab things with his hands. I love watching how uncoordinated  his little hands are, but he is doing a good job grabbing toys and blankets and my hand to pull into his mouth.

He can roll both directions, from his tummy to his back and from his back to his tummy, although he doesn't do it way often. His attitude about that seems to be, I already figured it out and its not a challenge anymore, so I don't need to keep doing it. 

Sorry this next picture is so blurry, and please don't look at my messy house in the background (we had just finished making a gingerbread house) but Kent will now take steps if you are holding his hands like in the picture below. It seems like since he's already mastered rolling over he wants to move on to bigger and better things.

He is totally wanting to eat food. He stares at us and whines when we are eating in front of him. We have given him licks of pears, apples, and bananas, and it makes him so happy when we share with him. Also he loves water. He will just stare at our water bottles until we share with him. I even gave him a sippy cup the other day and he totally figured out how to suck on it. He is getting a sippy cup and rice cereal for Christmas this year. :)

The other day I had him sitting in the bumbo while I was making dinner. Rachel came in and asked for a drink of water. Kent watched me walk across the room, open the cupboard, fill up her sippy cup and give it to Rachel. The funny part was that he was just staring at the sippy cup and when I gave it to Rachel, he cried! It totally hurt his feelings that I gave it to Rachel instead of giving it to him. I then got a little cup and shared some water with him and he was happy again. 

We love this little boy so much and we are so glad he is in our family!

No comments: