Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Giraffes

A little while ago we went to the zoo. It was our first time going in the morning and it was a lot of fun. Some of the animals were more active than we have seen them. There were some monkeys that were really funny because they just kept singing and singing and you could hear it from all over the zoo.

Another thing our zoo does in the mornings that we got to participate in was feeding the giraffes. It was so fun and exciting! I fed the giraffe first so that Rachel could see what to do, and (after licking her carrot) she decided to share it with the hungry giraffe too!  I think it is so funny how long their tongues are.




These giraffes definitely knew the routine! They were reaching for our carrots with their long tongues before we had even offered it to them. It was so fun to feed them! I love the zoo!

2 comments:

Emily Grant said...

How fun! Grandma Bulloch LOVES giraffes too! I wish we were closer and could go to the zoo with you!

Recovery Guru said...

Mary you might want to think about where that tongue has been....did you know that giraffes clean their noses with their tongues. It's true!

Just kidding sister(not about the cleaning their noses thing...that one is true)! Way cool picture by the way!