Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Visiting Teachers

I am so grateful for visiting teachers, can I just tell you? Before just recently, I have never really had much experience with visiting teaching, either with the actual being visited or being a visiting teacher myself. For that matter, I really haven't had much experience with Relief Society because I was in the nursery til I got married and then it seems like I have spent most of the time since teaching in the Primary. I always kind of felt a little bugged when I got a visiting teaching assignment because it was always someone I didn't know, and usually I didn't know who my companion was either so I always had a hard time actually going out and getting it done. In October of this last year, a lady was called to be my visiting teacher and in the past few months she has brought dinner to our home twice, once when Rachel was born and again when we were moving, she has visited me in my home a couple of times, called frequently to check up on me, and has become a good friend. Her friendly and caring attitude towards me has given me a better understanding of the purpose of visiting teaching and has made me want to try to be a better visiting teacher and a friend to those I visit teach. We are all here on this earth together, we should try to make the most of it and make as many friends as we can and try to help anyone we can. Thank you Robin Genzel for being my visiting teacher and my friend and for showing me how much good a visiting teacher can do!

No comments: