Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Firsts

This week has been a week of firsts at our house.

Buying our first stroller. I've been really wanting to take Rachel out and go on walks, but we haven't had a stroller, so on Friday we went to Target and found a cute little umbrella stroller to take our baby for walks in.


Going for a walk with the stroller. On Saturday we opened our new stroller and took Rachel for a walk to go get our mail. It is so nice to actually have a stroller to put her in instead of trying to hold her while I walk. I for one loved it.

Doesn't she look so cute all decked out and ready to go? Jacob picked out her entire outfit!

Making a pot roast. I've made it a goal to learn how to cook different types of meats. Usually we don't cook anything except for chicken and hamburger. So this week on Sunday I decided to cook a roast in my crock pot. I had it all ready to go and turned it on in the morning and when we came home from church I was expecting to smell it as we walked in the door. Well, I didn't. We came in and looked at the roast and it was cold. For some reason my crock pot never turned on. We decided to put it in the fridge and have a green smoothie and left over spaghetti for dinner instead. I ended up cooking it on Monday instead, and let me tell you, it was good!

Rachel's first bottle in church. So I decided that instead of trying to fight the crowd in the mother's lounge on Sunday (there are about a million babies in our ward) I would just pump a bottle and bring it to church with us. We've given Rachel a bottle a couple of times before but Jacob has always been the one to give it to her. The only time I gave her a bottle was when we were driving in the car. Well, Rachel was fine through most of church and didn't get hungry until about halfway through Relief Society. So I tried to give her the bottle and she drank a little bit, and then stopped eating and gave me a very confused look. She couldn't understand why I would be feeding her from a bottle. She kept letting go of the bottle and turning her face towards me to try and get me to feed her the right way. I got her to take enough of the bottle to tide her over til after church, but she didn't eat as much as she usually does. I thought it was sweet that she let me know she preferred her milk right from the source.

Making and trying pumpkin fudge. So before we moved, I bought all of the stuff to make a pumpkin fudge recipe I found. I brought all of the stuff to St. George with us, but when we were there everyone thought it sounded weird and no one wanted to try it so we brought all of the stuff back home with us. We decided to finally try making it on Monday night. It was definitely a success! We very much like it (Jacob especially) and will be making it again in the future.

Taking Jacob to school and bringing him lunch. So before Rachel was born, I would always take Jacob to school so that I would have the car and then I would bring him lunch in the middle of the day. Since Rachel came, Jacob has just been taking the car. Well Yesterday we decided that we would try doing things the way we used to. It was so fun to get to see him in the middle of the day again. The three of us loved it!

Driving to our house. So yesterday was my very first time driving to our new house. Ever since we moved in two weeks ago I haven't gone anywhere without Jacob, and when we are together he usually drives, so yesterday after I dropped him off at work, I drove home to our house with out him. I'm glad I didn't get lost!

Rachel's first bath in the bathtub. Also yesterday, I gave Rachel her first bath in the bathtub. Before that I always just put her in the sink for her bath or just took her in the shower with me. She absolutely loved being in the tub! She has always loved her bath time, but she was so happy when she realized she could just lay there and kick in the water! It was so cute to watch my little happy wiggly girl in the bathtub!

Jacob remembered to take our garbage cans out to the curb. This is the first place we have lived since we have been married that we have had to take our own trash cans out to the curb for the garbage man to come pick up. The first week we were here we had a big trailer in front of our house and there was no where to put the cans. Last week, I only just remembered because I heard the garbage truck on the next street over. This week, Jacob remembered last night and got them out so they would be ready for garbage day today.

Getting and paying our first (and last) hospital bill for Rachel's birth. We finally got our hospital bill for what our insurance wouldn't cover regarding Rachel's birth. Our total came to 39 dollars which covered 10 meals for Jacob while we were in the hospital. That is definitely one thing I love about being in the military!

I wonder what other firsts this week will bring!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

She's so good at giving the stink eye just like her momma ;)

Mary Ann said...

I'm giving you the stink eye right now! jk

LeAnn said...

I miss you guys! Thanks for putting up with our crazy family, while you were here! Glad you got a stroller. It is an essential! How fun. I agree with you, visiting teachers are the best! I want to be a better one too!.

Love you,

LeAnn