Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life at 31 Weeks

Yay! I am 31 weeks along! My countdown has finally reached a single digit of weeks! Only 9 more weeks til my due date! I'm so excited to see this little girl! I'm also getting a little anxious! I've never been mom before! What if I don't know how to be one? I keep having these dreams that I have had my baby and that I either forget to feed her for days or I forget that changing diapers is something that moms are supposed to do. I hope I will know how to be a good mom to my little Rachel girl!
This week our baby weighs 3+ pounds and is probably about 18 inches long. She gets the hiccups almost everyday and I think it is so cute! Something I think is not so cute is that she has started kicking up into my ribs which is so uncomfortable! She is definitely starting to have certain times of the day when she is more wiggly than others. She always gets really wiggly between 8 and 9 at night which I love because then Jacob can feel how wiggly our little girl is.
I am getting so excited for the holidays coming up! (I would have said I was excited for the change in seasons, but the seasons don't really change here in Monterey.) I have been wanting all things pumpkin, but alas I have not had anything yet. I was told that Target had pumpkin spice kisses and that sounded so good to me, I had to go and check, but was painfully disappointed to find that there were none at my Target yet. I did buy a couple of cans of pumpkin to make something yummy with today though. I'm not exactly sure what to make though because Jacob is not the biggest fan of things with pumpkin in things which makes me sad because I don't want to make a fun treat that he won't even like or eat. I guess I'll just have to make some really yummy treats and convert him to liking pumpkin!
Jacob only has 3 weeks til he takes his final speaking test, and 4 weeks until he takes his listening and reading tests. His teachers have been piling on the homework trying to prepare him for the test, but I think what they are doing is just making him (and me) more and more sick of Korean! It will be nice when his tests are over with and he won't have to have so much homework! I love that boy of mine! He is just so good to me! He always tells me how cute I am even when I feel very un-cute! I'm not sure how I got so lucky to get him as a husband, but I couldn't have asked for anyone better!

2 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

Wahoo!! Nine weeks left that is awesome!! Sadly the painful kicking only keeps happening more and more as little Rachel runs out of room. I remember there was one rib that Sydney kicked over and over and it was so painful! I am sorry about the pumpkin spice kisses. I say start making pumpkin things and Jacob can learn to love them. Try the cookies they are so easy and so so yummy!!

LeAnn said...

Don't forget the chocolate chips or the cream cheese frosting. I have a yummy recipe for pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bars. I wish I were eating sugar I want to make all of those things. You should call me and I will give you some of those recipes!

"Your tummy is looking very big today! Why thank you Joe Junior, I love your new cologne" Lol.
I think your tummy is totally cute and you look way cuter in that pink sweater then I ever did! Love you! Have a great day!

LeAnn