Saturday, September 25, 2010

Braided Bread!

So here is how I spent my Saturday morning! I found some fun recipes online that I decided to try, and when I first saw this one my reaction was there is no way I could ever make that! Then I got to looking at the recipe some more and I said to myself, why couldn't I make that? So, I tried it and. . . ta da! It worked. Isn't it so pretty?



Here is a closer look at it!

It is a BBQ chicken braid. Actually the recipe makes two loaves and so I made one BBQ chicken braid and the other one I made into a pizza braid and they not only looked impressive, but they were so yummy! Jacob and I got stuffed and we still have enough leftovers for another meal. If anyone wants to try to make one the link is right here. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/03/bbq-chicken-braid.html
I was actually surprised at how easy it was to do. The hardest part for me was probably just standing in the hot kitchen for so long! I get hot pretty easy these days so it doesn't help when I am standing right next to the oven when it is on!
I like to cook, but the hardest part for me is deciding what to make, and lately I've been in a cooking rut, sick of making the same old things over and over so I've been looking for new recipes to try and I'm so glad I found this one and tried it!

3 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

mmmm yummy!!! Why don't you come over to my house and make it for us?

Julie said...

How does that quote from that movie go?
"You really are a gourmet."
"I myself don't claim to be but my friends say I do know how to make a sandwich."
Something like that anyway. It looks really pretty Mar! Good job!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Wow! Yummy! That looks like a fun one to try! Great job!