Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Oh what a year!

Well I seem to have fallen off the face of the blogging earth this year, and with good reason. Our life has been CRAZY! Being a mom of three kids is hard, lots of fun and totally rewarding, but totally hard too. This year it was made harder by Jacob's job. He had to leave our family and go over seas for 3 1/2 months. We have been through a lot of separations with his work and ask of them have been hard but none of them were as hard as this last one. Though this last one I struggled pretty badly with the dreaded "D-word." DEPRESSION. I had never gone through anything so hard in my entire life. Jacob's wonderful parents invited my family to come live with them for the remainder of o our time apart even though they already had another family (Jacobs brother) staying with them at the time. I packed up my kids and left. We stayed with them for about three weeks and then with my parents for two and then with his parents again for another two weeks before coming home and getting ready for Jacob to come home. It's crazy how instantly right it feels to have him home after having him gone for so long. Being apart for so long and so often has definitely taught us to cherish our marriage. After he came home, Jacob was able to take quite a but of leave and we loved having him home! It was so hard on everyone when the time came for him to go back to work! We are now two weeks into that and trying to come up with a new normal. Last week was extremely rough, but thankfully this week has gone a lot smoother. We are getting into a good homeschool routine and it's been awesome! Maybe now that things are getting settled again, I can start updating my blog again! (don't hold your breath though 😉)

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I just love you guys so much! I'm glad you get to be together but I wish your together was here instead of New Mexico! We can't wait for Thanksgiving!