Tuesday, June 25, 2013

He's Home

Jacob's been home a month now and I haven't taken the time to blog even once since. slacker, I know. It has been so nice having him home! We haven't wanted to do anything except just spend time with each other. He had a little time off from work. It was just long enough for us to get used to having him home all of the time and then about a week ago we had to start getting used to a new routine of having him go back to work all day again. It has been quite the adjustment. I've been used to doing absolutely everything on my own for almost 4 months so its been kinda tricky letting go of some things and letting Jacob step in and help.

Rachel has absolutely loved having Daddy home. She thinks he is her play thing that can throw her in the air and chase her and read to her and never get tired. The first quite a few times Jacob had to leave the house with out us Rachel would get really sad. She thought he had gone back to Afghanistan and she didn't trust that he was coming back. I think its starting to sink in though that Jacob is here to stay.


Kent warmed up pretty quickly to Jacob. He is still a mama's boy, but he loves playing with his Daddy. At first though he would scream and scream when Jacob would try to get him dressed or change his diaper or anything like that. I'm glad he's stopped doing that! Jacob was content to let me keep diaper duty forever. 
 


It was a hard 3 1/2 months but I know I grew a lot during it. We adjusted well and we did it! I feel stronger and I know I had a lot of help from our Heavenly Father.


We are in heaven now that we are together again! 


Up next for our family, Jacob is starting a 5 week class this week and as soon as he graduates we are MOVING!!! We will be off to Monterey, California! I am so excited to be going back there! I've loved being here in Tucson, but I am super excited to be so close to the beach again. Jacob can't wait to get out of the hot Tucson weather. Personally I don't mind the heat here, but it will be nice to be able to go outside and not worry about the kids getting too hot! We will be starting a new adventure! I love my life.

No comments: