Monday, August 6, 2012

Dr Appointment today!

I had a doctors appointment today and they checked my cervix for the first time this pregnancy. I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. Not bad considering I still have 2 weeks and 2 days to go! I know it doesn't mean much and that you can be dilated to a 1 for weeks without going into labor, but it just makes me happy knowing that my body is getting ready for this baby to get here.

Just a few things about me at 37 weeks and 5 days:


  • My belly button is definitly an outie which I think is really funny because it stayed an innie when I was pregnant with Rachel.
  • I am more easily irritated that I probably ever have been in my life. This baby makes me uncomfertable and unfortunately I'm not as patient as I should be. 
  • Kent hasn't "dropped." He doesn't kick my ribs like Rachel did, but I have a really hard time breathing, especially after eating. Sometimes I just have to lay down on my side for a few minutes just to catch my breath.
  • I am nesting. I don't really remember nesting when I was pregnant with Rachel. Maybe because I was waiting for a big burst of energy that never came. I decided you don't ever get any extra energy, you just get tired of how dirty things are.  Rachel has been really cute while I'm cleaning somthing. She says, "Yay Mommy!" "Good job clean up Mommy!" She is a good little cheer leader!
  • My shirts are no longer long enough. One thing that is nice about maternity clothes is that they are made to cover big bellies. Because I'm so tall, when I'm not pregnant I have to be careful what shirts I buy so that I can keep covered. Now that I'm at the end of my pregnancy, even my maternity shirts are not quite long enough and sometimes a little of my tummy shows. Unfortunately its a part of my tummy that I can't even see, so I have to rely on my Rachel-girl to keep me modest.
  • Starting this last week I wake up at least 2 times a night to get up and go potty. (Before that it was just once a night.) Thankfully I don't usually have too much trouble getting back to sleep, but I still dread climbing out of my nice soft bed during the night. It is a lot harder to get out of than it used to be. 

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. I wonder when this little one will make his appearance. We can hardly wait to meet him and have him join our little family!


1 comment:

Jen and Josh said...

This made me so happy to see. You are getting so close! That's so exciting that you are dilated to a 1. Although it could still be a while, it's at least some progress! I remember being so frustrated I wasn't dilated til around the very end. I love that you have your first pregnancy to compare this one too. I bet it will be fun to compare my 2nd to this one too. You're lucky you only wake up twice during the night... I felt like I was getting up like every couple hours! haha. Good luck with these last couple weeks. You are so close and it can really happen anytime! I can't wait to see your little Kent.:)