The last few days adjusting to being home again after our vacation have been a little difficult for me and my little Rachel girl. She came home with no interest in going potty on the potty, she threw tantrum after tantrum, she was super clingy and bawled if I walked out a room with out her, and she has been saying no more than ever. She makes me crazy and has made me cry more than once since we came home just because I've been so frustrated and clueless about what to do to help her. But I have to admit, it is really really hard to stay frustrated with her because she is quick to say sorry and she looks up at me with her big blue eyes and says, "Huc (Hug) Mommy? Huc?" She also tells me I'm pretty and that she loves me. How can I stay bugged when she looks at me with this cute smiley face?
Each day she has been improving with less accidents and tantrums each day, but it has been a difficult week and I am really looking forward to the weekend so Jacob can help me have more patience.
Something funny yesterday morning, we were telling Rachel it was time for breakfast and this is how our conversation went.
Mommy: "Rachel, do you want to go eat breakfast?"
Rachel: "NO!"
M: "Do you want to eat cheerios?
R: "NO!"
M: "Do you want eggs?"
R: "NO!"
M: "Do you want toast?"
R: "NO!"
M: "Do you want a spankin'?"
M: "Do you want a spankin'?"
R:"Spankin? Spankin'!"
And she ran into the kitchen looking for a spankin'. Now for a little background, we have never spanked her so she has no idea what this is.
Later I was telling my sister about this on the phone, and Rachel hears me and starts begging for a spankin'. She pulled me into the kitchen and started tugging on the handle to the fridge saying over and over, "Spankin', mommy! Please, Spankin'?"
I opened the fridge and let her look for a spankin' but she didn't find one. I'm not sure what she thought she would find or what a spankin' is, but I thought it was pretty funny!
Another funny/naughty thing she did yesterday. At lunch time Rachel threw part of her lunch on floor. (That wasn't the funny part.) I got her out of the high chair and made her clean up the food she threw down. She was really good about picking up every single piece that was on the ground without much coaxing and I was really impressed. After she was done I asked her if she wanted to empty the bowl into the garbage or if she wanted me to do it. She said, "No, Pee Boo." (Winnie the Pooh) She put the bowl on the table and buckled her Winnie the Pooh toy into her high chair and started to feed him the food she had thrown down. It made me laugh because when she started picking up the food she said, "Pee Boo." She often talks about Winnie the Pooh so I didn't think much of it, but that was why she picked the food up so well, because she had an ulterior motive.

And yes Winnie the Pooh is wearing a diaper in the above pictures. Don't ask.
When Rachel is tired and drinking her water or her milk, she likes to snuggle on my lap and pinch my neck or my arm. I have stopped snuggling her to sleep recently and so here she is pinching her own neck because mine wasn't within reach. Funny girl!
And yes Winnie the Pooh is wearing a diaper in the above pictures. Don't ask.
When Rachel is tired and drinking her water or her milk, she likes to snuggle on my lap and pinch my neck or my arm. I have stopped snuggling her to sleep recently and so here she is pinching her own neck because mine wasn't within reach. Funny girl!
Rachel thinks anything bigger than a car is a bus and gets super excited when she sees one. Here is the "bus" she saw on our walk yesterday!
I love this funny little girl of mine, and even though she sometimes makes me crazy, I wouldn't trade being her mother for anything in the world, especially when she holds her arms out to me and says, "Huc!" Being her mom is so fun and fulfilling and I just love this little girl of mine so much. I know our lives are going to change big time when Kent gets here. I'm super excited for the new adventure about to begin, but I'm also a little sad that it won't just be me and Rachel anymore. We have so much fun together and I'm going to miss the one on one time we have had. We are just going to have to try our best to fit in as much fun as we can the next couple of months before Kent gets her and our new adventure begins.

1 comment:
She sounds like such a funny little thing! If she's ever naughty just blame it on Jacob, I think she gets it from him :) I remember him un-making all the beds at our house once and one time my mom told us all not to play in a mud puddle in our backyard and he went stomping right through it. It can be very frustrating though when kids go through a bit of a "naughty phase". I can tell you're a good mom and she'll turn out just fine :) Good luck!
Post a Comment