Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mud, Glorious Mud

Rachel loves to play outside. We spend a good portion of each day playing in our back yard. Something else Rachel loves is mud. I can't keep her away from it. I wouldn't mind if all she did was play in it, but unfortunately my funny little girl likes to eat it. She digs in the mud with her fingers and licks it like someone might lick frosting, and turns to me and with a muddy smile says, "Mmmmmmmmmmm!" and then goes back for more. I'm not really sure what to do about her eating mud and she doesn't seem to get a belly ache from it, so I don't worry about her too much, I just cringe and tell her to stop. Usually she just grins at me while eating more. Yuck!

 
 
"Uh, oh, I'm all messy!"
 


"Look, Mom, mud!" 
 

After she is done playing in the mud she is usually pretty good about going and washing her hands off in the bucket, so I guess that is the bright side. She gets messy, but she cleans herself off without much prodding.

No comments: