Wow! Another month has flown by and my baby is now 8 months old! I love my cute little scootin', tootin', roly baby! She is so sweet and it is so fun to see her discover more and to see her personality develop more each day.
Some things about Rachel this month.
She has a tooth! I love to stick my finger in her mouth and feel that cute little tooth! It makes me so happy!
She is back to sleeping in my bed. With all of the traveling and the changes in schedules this month it has been hard her and she has refused to sleep in her crib ever since we got here to my sisters house.
She loves balls of any kind, big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. She loves balloons and any other ball type thing she can get her hands on.
She has been sick and teething so she has been super clingy which makes my arm tired because she has wanted me to hold her all of the time!
She loves it when her cousin/aunt Gracie sings to her. One day while Rachel was sick, she was crying and Gracie came in and started singing her a lullaby. Rachel immediately quieted down. Then when Gracie stopped, Rachel looked up at her and yelled as if to say, "Hey, keep going!" Gracie sang to her again and Rachel was happy.
She refuses to keep her headbands on her head which isn't too big of a problem except that with out headbands on she gets called a boy a lot! Not too long ago while I was with my sister in New York, I was playing with Benson and someone came up to me and asked me if Rachel and Benson were brothers. I try to dress Rachel in girly clothes, but apparently they aren't girly enough.
She can clap! Her claps are really big and wild, but she tries to catch my eye when she claps so I'll clap too and it makes her so happy. She looks so pleased with herself when she does that. She can also shake her head "no" and she is pretty pleased with herself about that too.
Her cousin Sammy is 4 and he loves to pat/rub her head and his baby brother Brigham's head. He told me that he likes to do it because their heads are so soft. He isn't always super gentle when he does it and it makes Rachel so mad when he does it. Especially when she is tired or not feeling good like she has been, but still he insists on doing it. It cracks me up every time!
She loves to grin at her mommy! If I've stepped out of the room for a minute, when I come back she always gets excited and gives me big smiles.
The last time I weighed her she weighed 23.3 pounds. She is a little chunk and I love it! I love all of the little rolls on her body! She is just so cute!
She flaps her arms whenever she gets excited. If she had wings instead of arms she would for sure take off!
She is getting better and better at feeding herself and sometimes won't take food that I offer her. But if I put it in front of her she will pick it up and eat it just fine.
She is tan! In fact, her little arms are tanner than mine are. She definitely gets that from me and not from her daddy.
She says "ma-ma," da-da," and "na-na." I know she knows that I am mama, and she did something the other day that made me suspect that she knows who her da-da is. I was talking on the phone to Jacob and Rachel was being kinda whiny because she didn't feel good so I put Jacob on speaker phone and told him to talk to Rachel. He started talking to her and Rachel got this really cute look on her face and as clear as can be said "da-da." It was so cute! It may have been a coincidence, but I'm choosing to believe that it wasn't.
She is a studier. She has to sit and study things before she can play. When we go outside or someplace new I can't even get her to look at me because she is too busy studying everything else.
She is such a good baby and I just love being her mom!

1 comment:
She is getting so old. I cant believe it. I think she is looking more like her Dad these days. Maybe it is just me. Hope you guys are having fun with Julie. I'm so jealous.
Post a Comment