Friday, July 29, 2011

4th of July

We had an awesome 4th of July weekend. Jacob had a 4 day weekend and we partied the whole time. We went and saw a movie and went out for ice cream and purple cookies. We went swimming and watched fireworks. We rented movies and went out to eat and pretty much just had a good time.




Here is the patriotic waffle that Jacob made me for breakfast. Isn't he so cute?






I always love the 4th of July. It truly is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love the fireworks and the flags and I love the patriotism that it inspires. I feel so blessed to live in a country where we are free. Free to worship how we choose. Free to marry who we choose. Free to live where we want. Free to have as many kids as we want. Free to speak our minds. Free to travel where we want and just free to be ourselves. I am so grateful to the many many people who have sacrificed their time, their family, and even their lives to not only give us that freedom, but to maintain it. I am so grateful for all of those in the military now who work so hard to do so much for our country. I'm so proud of my husband who does what he does for our family and our country. I'm proud to be an American!

No comments: