Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mary Ann Bulloch, Registered Nurse

I did it! I passed my test! I am officially a Registered Nurse! I just found out this morning, and I couldn't be more relieved! It is so nice to have that test out of the way and to know that I passed! I'm just so happy this morning! It has been a long road getting to this point and so much has changed since I first decided to pursue my desire of becoming a nurse! When I first started with preparing by doing my pre-requisites, I didn't even know Jacob. I was just a normal college student going to Dixie, living at home, and working all hours of the night. Now here I am, in California, married to the love of my life and about to become a Mom to a cute little girl in just a few weeks! A lot has happened in just the last couple of years! When I started the nursing program I never would have imagined I would be here now!
Today I am only six weeks from my due date, 34 weeks along. According to What to Expect When You're Expecting, my baby weighs about 5 pounds and could be up to 20 inches long! I went to the doctor yesterday and he says everything is looking good. I'm still measuring two weeks bigger than I am, and Rachel has dropped and is now in the head down position. His guesstimate for how big she will be when she is born is 8 pounds (give or take a half a pound). We told him about Jacob possibly having to leave by November 1st and we asked him what our options were and he said that he really doesn't want me traveling that far away because that can be pretty risky this late in my pregnancy, but he did say he would consider inducing me just before Jacob would have to leave if everything continues to go okay. So at least we have that to hope for in case Jacob doesn't get to stay. We might be able to make it so that he can at least be here for when our Rachel is born! Hopefully we should find out before my next doctors appointment in two weeks whether or not Jacob will get to stay or not and we will be able to make some plans from there.
Well that is all of our news for now I think except Jacob's speaking test is tomorrow and his other two tests will be next Tuesday and Wednesday. I know he will do awesome, but just keep him in your prayers! It will be nice for him to have these big tests over with!

5 comments:

Bill and Emily Grant said...

WAY TO GO!!!! That is such a huge accomplishment! It must feel so good to have that done! I can't believe little Rachel is almost here!!! That is so exciting! I hope everything works out for you guys! Love you!

Recovery Guru said...

Wahoo!! That is great news...not only about you passing your test but having your doctor maybe induce you early. I hope that if Jacob does have to leave the he will induce you so that Jacob can be there. I will be praying that everything works out and that Jacob can be there for Rachel's birth!

Avree said...

Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment that you should be VERY proud of! I know you and Jacob have sacrificed a lot being apart and whatnot so that you could finish and I think you're so smart for doing it! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little girl on here one of these days!

Julie said...

Yay Mary! Yay Mary! Go Jacob (tomorrow)! Go Jacob (tomorrow)! Congrats sister, and congrats early bro. You two are awesome!

Craig and Carolyn said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful! It's exciting and nerve-wracking to have RN behind your name; you will be a fabulous nurse!