At the RV park in Mississippi (that my brother in law was able to find for me), the person we parked next to offered to help me set up the trailer as soon as we parked. The next day at church we were welcomed. I went to relief society and "just happened" to be sitting by the one person in the room whose husband had a job similar to Jacob's. She understood what I was going through and leaned over and gave me a much needed hug. Monday morning, I was up early hooking up the trailer to the van. I had everything done except for one part of the hutch hooked up and for the life of me I could not figure it out. It was something I had done before but for some reason I couldn't figure it out. I tried and tried and tried and prayed and tried some more and had the thought, "Go wake up Rachel and have her pray for you. She has the gift of faith." So I did. I woke her up and asked her to say a prayer for me while she got dressed. I walked out of the trailer and to work on the part I was trying to get. I was immediately able to figure it out and get it all the way hooked up.
Another blessing was the police officer who changed our tire. Who knows how long we would have been waiting for the other people to show up, and I went out and helped the officer for a little bit and there is no way I would have been able to change the tire on my own. Also, that crazy Monday, Elijah did not cry in the car even once. That was a huge blessing!
The next day when I woke up, again I was hooking up the trailer to the van and there was a part that was stuck and I just didn't have the strength to get it right. I had the thought, "Go turn the van off and get your keys." I went and got the keys and mentioned to the kids that they should say another prayer for me. I went back out to work on it and the part I needed to get unstuck, moved and I was back in the van within 30 seconds.
I don't usually walk around the van before we start, but I do usually walk around the trailer to make sure we are ready to go and there aren't any problems. For some reason, I did walk around the van and noticed the tires were low on air. I had a man offer to put air in my tires for free. Every one of my tires were extremely low. We were then able to make it all the way home with no other mishap's. The Lord's hand was helping me along the way. I was praying. Jacob was praying. The kids were praying. My family was praying. Jacobs family was praying. Even my visiting teachers were praying for us! The Lord hears prayers. Even though we still had problems with our trailer, things were able to work out and testimonies were strengthened along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment