Thursday, August 13, 2015

Rachel's Rag Rug

Say that title 5 times fast.

Since we are taking out all of the carpet on our house (very, very, slowly, but surely), we needed some rugs. Have you looked at the prices of rugs these days? Those things don't come cheap! Since we are already making Ace and Lowes wealthy, I thought I would make some rugs for our house. I looked through my fabric stash and found an old white sheet and some leftover material from when I made baby blankets for Rachel (almost 5 years ago!!!) and thus this rug was born.
(See our lovely stinky carpet we are pulling up?)
There is a link to the tutorial I used here.

This was a super easy  no sew project. It took me about three days but only because I restarted once and I also have three lovely little helpers (one of which was teething and very very sad) and it was a great stash buster. I'm totally excited to make some rugs for the rest of the house. I just need to find some yellow fabric to match the paint I picked for the rest of our house! 

No comments: