Monday, August 17, 2015

First Book!

Look who read his first book!!!
And he is soooo excited about it!! Way to go Kent Dude!!

It has been a longer road getting him to read than it was with Rachel. Not because he isn't as smart or anything, mostly just because I have 3 kids now instead of 2 or 1. I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to him as I would like. Even so, he was able to read his first book today and we are so proud of how hard he has been working on this. We had a family night on making goals and some of Kent's goals were to learn to read, write his name, and count to 20. He is such a determined kid, and if he makes a goal, he works and works at it til he makes it. I think that is going to be an essential key in homeschooling him. 

I love this big boy of mine!!

No comments: