Well, it's monsoon season here in Tucson and while we have seen tons and tons of thunder and lightening, we haven't seen all that much rain. When the storm clouds start to roll in and we start hearing thunder, we have been opening our blinds so we can watch the lightening and see if it starts to rain. Every time we do this, Rachel sits and watches out the window and says to me, "Please rain? Please?" Every time I have to explain to her that I can't make it rain.
Last night we had a huge rain storm. We were outside when it started to rain and I couldn't believe how fast it rolled in! It had been a little overcast most of the day, but all of a sudden we were covered in these huge dark clouds. We stayed outside and watched it for a few minutes until it got to huge and scary to stay out in. We went back inside just in time for the power to go out. We were out of power for most of the evening. It was pretty exciting, for an evening, but I was very glad when we woke up this morning to see the power back on.
This morning Rachel kept looking outside and saying, "Rain! Please mommy, rain? Rain, please?" I told her once again that I couldn't make it rain. I told her Heavenly Father can make it rain. She looked at me and said, "Jesus?" I said yes, Jesus can make it rain too. She promptly folded her arms and started saying a prayer to Heavenly Father about rain.
I thought it was super cute that she know that prayer is how we talk to Heavenly Father, and it made me very happy that she started saying the prayer on her own. I guess we must be doing something right as parents. I love this little girl of mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She's so sweet! I love that she knows how to pray so well. What a doll! Audrey has been liking the rain too. We'll go sit on the porch and watch it. She's fascinated!
So cute! I love that she knew to pray! I actually kind of miss monsoon season. The storms always were fascinating to me... as long as everyone was safe, of course.
Post a Comment