Friday, July 20, 2012

Baby Blanket

For my birthday last week Jacob gave me some money and took me shopping to JoAnn's. He knew I had been wanting to do some sewing projects but I have a hard time justifying spending money on things we don't absolutely need. 

So our new baby's name is going to be Kent, and just to clarify, we are not naming him after superman. We are naming him after an inspirational talk we heard and loved called, "The Difference One Can Make." And although we aren't naming him after Superman, I just had to make him a Superman blanket.

It was only my second time attempting to applique something and while this blanket definitely has its "wowies" as we like to call them, I think it turned out pretty good! I can hardly wait til baby Kent comes and we can snuggle him in it!


Rachel loves it too! She has been loving being snuggled in it. We've made it very clear to her though that it is for baby Kent. 

 
Rachel has been super cute. Kent gets the hiccups all the time, and when he does, oftentimes I will put Rachel's hand on my tummy so she can feel him  have the hiccups. The other day Jacob was helping Rachel say the prayer for our dinner. He was helping her say thank you for all of the members of our family and before he could get to Kent, Rachel said, "Thank you, baby hiccups!" It was super cute and we couldn't help  but chuckle a little. I sure hope she loves this little baby as much when he comes out! 

2 comments:

Emily Grant said...

I LOVE your quilt! It is so cute! There is no reason Kent shouldn't be a superman! If he lives his life like Kent Williams, and feels he can do anything like Superman, he will be the most awesome boy ever!

I can't believe you only have about a month left! I can't wait for Kent to get here! It's about time we had a little boy around the Bulloch clan!

Recovery Guru said...

Wow sister! You are an awesome sewer! I love the quilt, and I am sure baby Kent will love it too!