Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rachel's First Sugar Rush

Earlier this week, I had to go in and be tested to see if I have gestational diabetes. For those who don't know how this test is done, you have to be fasting before hand and they give you a drink that is choc full of sugar and make you wait an hour before they draw your blood and check and see what your sugar level is. Well it was really funny because about 15-20 minutes after I drank my drink my little Rachel girl got really really wiggly! I have never felt her be as wiggly as she was that morning. She was literally bouncing off of the walls in there, and she kept wiggling for probably about a half an hour. She must have really liked all of the sugar in that drink. It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud there in the waiting room as I felt her moving so much! It almost made me want to go back and do it again. Almost, but not quite because my stomach definitely rebelled the rest of the day from the abuse I put it through from the fasting for so long and then giving it nothing more than a gross sugary drink until almost 10 in the morning! I just thought it was exciting that our baby got her first sugar rush!

5 comments:

Julie said...

"Does syrup have sugar in it?" Name that movie.

Julie said...

Oh yeah, and I just finished making my first carseat cover! :) It is SUPER cute!

Mary Ann said...

Julie: It is from Elf of course! I'm glad your car seat cover turned out! Love you!

Julie said...

Have you picked out a carseat yet? It just might be for YOU!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

haha! too funny! You know how those Bulloch's are with sugar! :)