Wow! We are finally into our third trimester! Thinking about how we only have 12 weeks to go makes me realize how much more I still need to do before I'll be ready for this little girl to come! According to my What to Expect When You're Expecting book, our little Rachel is about 16 inches long and she weighs 2 1/2 pounds, and her skill of the week is . . . blinking! I love talking to Jacob and speculating what our little girl will be like and what she will look like! We are just so excited for her! Also this month our little girl is now longer than my uterus so from now on she will officially be in the fetal position which I thought was pretty interesting to know.
There isn't really too much else going on with us. Jacob and I are both getting pretty excited for Labor Day weekend when part of his family is going to come and visit us for a few days. I'm afraid they will all be a little crowded in our little house, but I think it will be a lot of fun! We are excited to see everyone that can make it!
The weather this week has been so nice! Normally we don't see the sun in the morning, and we are lucky if it comes out to play in the afternoon, but everyday this week so far we have had a nice bit of sun and yesterday it actually got up to about 84 degrees here which is the hottest I have ever felt it be here in Monterey! We actually had to turn on the AC for the first time since moving into this house over a year ago! I'm loving the sunshine, except the first day the sun was out I was excited and took a walk on the beach and didn't even think about putting sunscreen on and I got sunburned, so I haven't been able to enjoy the sun the rest of the week quite as much as I would have liked to!
Jacob is doing pretty good in school, but Korean all day everyday is a bit much for him. He is getting kind of sick of Korean. On the bright side he only has 8 weeks until he takes his test and graduates! We've really liked it here in Monterey, but it will be nice to move on to our next adventures!

4 comments:
We want a picture not a belly itcher. :)
Sorry Julie! I'll put up a picture when my neck isn't sunburned any more, but for now I am refusing to blow dry my hair and I don't want to put up an ugly picture! It will probably have to wait till next week! Love you though!
I guess I can wait that long... if I have too.
Congrats on getting to your third trimester!! I can't wait to see that cute baby of yours!!
Have you got and read Mockingjay yet? Call me when you do!
Post a Comment