Friday, May 21, 2010


Yesterday I finally met with my OB and I really like him. I was so nervous about the appointment, but he was very kind and he put me at ease. He felt my stomach and said that my uterus is measuring at about 16 weeks which is about how far along we thought I was, but then he did an ultrasound and all of the measurements he took on our baby make our baby out to be a 14 week baby. My doctor did tell me that now is really the worst time to measure to see how far along the baby is and that I could be 15 weeks along, but for now he is going to change my due date to November 16 instead of November 6 like we thought. Bummer!
It was so neat to be able to hear my baby's heart beat and to get to see our cute little bundle on the ultrasound. It made everything a little more real, and made all of this barfing I've been doing a lot more worth it. I was so overcome by love when I saw my baby on that screen that I couldn't help getting a little teary. It was so cute, when the doctor was showing me my baby's hands, one of them started wiggling as if it knew it was being seen and it was saying, "Hi Mom!" Words can't even express how excited I was to finally see my cute little baby and to know that he or she is doing alright. Some other good news is that I think I felt my baby move yesterday morning for the first time. I was laying in bed and I felt something right where my baby is three different times. I also thought I felt him or her move this morning also. I haven't felt anything when I have been up and moving and focused on other things during the day, but I am pretty sure that is what I felt when I was lying still in bed.
When I told my doctor about our predicament with Jacob's graduation being the 21st of October and then our planned move to Texas he said he really didn't think it was a good idea me moving within the last 2 months of my pregnancy and with our due date moved back farther we really aren't sure what we are going to do now. I wish we knew what date Jacob had to be in Texas after his graduation. Right now we are trying to decide if I should move out to Texas a month before Jacob graduates or if I should just stay here and take our chances. If I did move to Texas early there is always the chance that Jacob might fail his test and have to stay here for another 3 months and I would be stuck in Texas alone or there is the chance that I might have the baby early and that Jacob wouldn't be there for the birth. If I stay here then if everything else goes according to plan and Jacob does well on his test then he would be going to Texas about 3 weeks before I am due at which point I really should be driving that far and Jacob might miss the birth of our baby anyway. This is just something that we have been a little worried about lately, but I know Heavenly Father is in control and that it will all work out for the best.

2 comments:

Avree said...

How exciting! I'm sorry about the predicament, you could always just move to Hurricane for a few months. You happened to marry into a family that is NUTS over babies! And I'm sure you're own mom would be thrilled!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

Oh Mary! This was so much fun to read! I got weepy just reading it! I remember what it was like to hear Amanda's heartbeat for the first time! It is a relief to know that they are really there and okay. Everything will work out in the end with your dilemma. Just know that we will do anything we might need to to help you out. Love you!