Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Week Off

It has been so much fun having Jacob off this week! The week has just gone by too quickly though! Jacob and I had big plans for his time off, most of which got ruined by morning sickness unfortunately. It would have been really fun to go to St. George and see family during his break, the thought of a 10 1/2 hour drive in the car is just nauseating to me! We had plans to go to the beach and to go to the temple in Oakland, and to go find some redwoods. Mostly we have just stayed home and enjoyed each others company. We have slept in late everyday, watched movies, played games, and just enjoyed being married! This time together has been so special and fun, it is going to be hard to send him back to work on Monay! All week long we have thought about how different this week would have been if we already had a baby! We are so excited for our little bundle of joy! Life will be completely changed, and we can hardly wait!
Yesterday we finally were able to switch over our insurance so that I can go to the doctors, although it won't be completely switched over until the first of May so I still do have to wait a couple of weeks before I can go into my first appointment. I'm a little anxious at having to wait for so long to go to my first appointment. Actually I'm kind of anxious about going to the doctors at all! I'm a very private person when it comes to my body. In fact I get embarrassed when buying bras! I just hope I can schedule the appointment for a time when Jacob can come with me! Jacob's job isn't one he can just take off for an hour or so to go to an appointment, and I know lots of women go to their baby appointments by themselves, but at least for the first one I really hope Jacob we can schedule it so he can come.

6 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

I always went to all my baby appointments alone....as long as Jacob makes it for the ultrasounds and the birth your good!

Mary Ann said...

Caralee: I wish at this point we were even certain that he is going to be there for the birth! Technically he is supposed to be in Texas when I am having my baby! I am determined that I won't have our baby with out him though even if it means I have to walk to Texas!

Julie said...

Glad you had a fun week sister, even if it didn't go as planned. I always wanted David to be able to come to my first appointment too (it doesn't always work out that way though... darn it). You will get over some of that privacy and embarrassment when it comes to people looking at your body. When you have 7 people watching you give birth you don't have all that much to hide any more (I seriously had at least 7 people watching when I gave birth to Benson including some random guy who came in and watched and then left when it was over who never even introduced himself). Anyway, love you sister. Hope you feel better soon!

Bill and Emily Grant said...

I'm glad you had such a fun week! I agree with Julie... pregnancy helps you get over the privacy thing. :) Hopefully you will have a good Dr. that respects your wishes. Some are better than others with making you feel comfortable. Hopefully Jacob will get to make it to some of the appointments with you, but the heartbeat and see the ultrasound appointments are the really fun ones! Good luck and keep us posted! Love ya!

Malea said...

I'm so excited for you! I was/am the same way in being embarrassed to buy bras and for PE I would change in another part of the dressing room so no one could see me. My doctor was very good to make me feel as comfortable (as I could be in the situation) but by the time the baby is coming, you don't care if the whole hospital staff was watching. Also, in the medical arena, it is different than PE. No worries :)

Mary Ann said...

As a nurse I understand that the doctors and nurses won't be looking at me to judge me or anything, I just am not a fan of being the patient. It definitely isn't something I am used to!