Well, today was Jacob's first day of his new job and honestly its been a little underwhelming for both of us. He was hoping to be able to jump right into things and I was hoping to find out the location of our next move and to finally have a place we might stay and put down roots and possibly buy a house and move out of our trailer. Well Jacob didn't get much direction or information at work today. Mostly its just a hurry up and wait game. We found out that he will be working remotely at least until the end of 2021 but we don't know much beyond that. I guess I can be grateful for that amount of information at least. We made a plan through the end of the year of where we are going to stay.
Rachel is turning 11 this year and this is her last year of primary. (sniff, sniff) We have made some friends in the ward we are in right now, and more specifically, Rachel has made a friend, which honestly I feel like is kind of a big deal. The last 10 months we've been traveling and trailer living, and Covid was before that. Add that to always being homeschooled, and Rachel honestly hasn't had a lot of friends, especially ones that shared her interests like this cute girl in our ward. Also, Rachel was invited to sing a solo in the Primary Program this year and she really wants to stay here long enough to do it. If it were up to Rachel, she would have us buy a house right here in Farmington. She loves it here. Anyway, we decided to stay here long enough to be here for the Primary Program at the end of October and then I told Jacob that if we were possibly moving far away somewhere, I wanted to spend some time near my family. I feel ready to drive to Utah today! So we will be spending November and December in Southern Utah this year.
That's a longer term plan then we have had for a while, so I will be grateful for that, although I was really hoping for a 2 year plan. I feel like we are all wanting to get back into a house and have some permanence in our lives again.

No comments:
Post a Comment