Monday, February 13, 2017

Moving!

What can I say, we are absolutely crazy. About six months ago, I had an idea. A crazy idea. My idea was, that because Jacob leaves so much with his job, and it is so hard to stay here in New Mexico where I don't have enough help or support maybe we should move into a travel trailer and then when he leaves, we can just take our home and go live close to family but not have to live with family. Don't get me wrong, staying with Jacob's parents is absolutely amazing. They are so kind and helpful, but it's hard on everyone to leave our home and completely uproot. If we had a trailer, we wouldn't have to leave our home. I talked to Jacob about it, did a ton of research, talked some more and decided we were going to do it. In November we put our plan into action. We got rid of our cute red minivan and bought a full size van and a used travel trailer. We came back to New Mexico and have been working our guts out on our fixer upper home. Jacob went back to work and found out this this year his travel schedule is crazy! His first adventure is that he is going to go to Florida for 3 weeks. And the kids and I are going with him! We will be gone from our home for about a month. We are also using this time to transition to living in our trailer full-time, meaning we won't be moving back into our house when we come back. We will use the time after we come back (and before our next adventure) to get our house 100 percent ready to sell. We will probably be living in our camper for the next 4 years! Next summer Jacob is going to go back to school full time and we will have very little income during that time. Are we absolutely crazy? Yes, probably, but I'm actually super excited!! I'm excited to simplify. I'm excited to spend more time with my kids. I'm excited to no longer be controlled by all of our stuff! I'm excited for the mobility it gives us! We are taking 5 days to travel to Florida and we won't have to get a single hotel! We will stay and do homeschool and play at the beach for 3 weeks. There is no possible way we could afford to do that with out the trailer. I really really wanted to list our house before we left, but that wasn't possible. I really hope it sells quickly when we do list it! We have put soooooooo much time and money into this house! I home sometimes week see it and just fall in love with it! I'll put pictures on here before too long showing all of the changes we've made. Anyway, that's our life right now!

No comments: