Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Halloween Costumes

So, I know its a few weeks late but I decided I had better post some pictures of our Halloween Costumes. Rachel insisted early on that she wanted to be a pumpkin which was way surprising, because I thought she would want to be Cowgirl Kate (since that is who she is all the time anyway), but I think when I told her that Halloween is a time to pretend to be something you aren't normally she probably thought "I'm normally Cowgirl Kate, and I'm not normally a pumpkin so.."
I decided to make her costume (silly of me, I know) and I bought enough material to make two costumes. I thought that the kids could just play in them for a while before Halloween but the costumes didn't work out the way I had envisioned in my head so I ended up not finishing them til the day of our ward trunk or treat, and by that point it was too late to decided on anything else for Kent. They sure make cute pumpkins though don't you think?
 
 
 

I just love this next picture of Kent and Jacob. Aren't my boys so cute?

Rachel took this next picture. After a little cropping it didn't turn out half bad. :)
 
 

I love this boy of mine!
 
I don't know what we were thinking when I decided to let them go trick-or-treating. I should have told Jacob just three houses or something, because here it is, 3 weeks after Halloween and we still have tons and tons of Halloween candy. Granted, I do keep forgetting its there and so the kids do too. I think we will have Halloween candy in our house until Easter!

We had a fun Halloween, although as  usual, my favorite part is just the celebrating we do all month long with themed dinners and stuff. It was fun that Rachel was a little older this year and so she thought it was a lot more fun to see all the crazy Halloween dinners Mama was making. I love my job! My kids make it so fun!

1 comment:

Jen and Josh said...

love all the pictures! and the costumes turned out great! you are so crafty and inspirational:) glad you had a fun halloween!