Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birthday Cake

My baby is 1! I can't believe it! I'll do some other blog posts about my Kent boy and his special day later, but first I thought I'd post a few pictures of his cake.

 
 
 
 


On the first birthday, we give our kids a cake all to themselves, and Kent decided that he loves that tradition. It was cute because at first he just wanted the trucks, but once he realized that the messy stuff was something to eat, the trucks were soon forgotten. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This picture of his hand in the cake reminds me of the movie "Matilda" where Bruce Bogtrotter had to eat the entire cake. We didn't make Kent eat all of his cake, but he did a good job polishing off a good portion of it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Towards the end, he started throwing it and flinging it around. That was when we called it quits and gave him a bath.
Oh how I love my sweet sweet little boy! Happy Birthday Kent!

1 comment:

Recovery Guru said...

He looks so big Mary! I can't believe he is one already!! Happy birthday big boy!!!