Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fingerpainting Fun

Jacob was able to take 10 days of paternity leave from work and we LOVED having him home! It was so fun playing and just spending the time as a family! Something I had been wanting to do with Rachel but I knew would be a big fun mess so I wanted a little help with Kent while we did it is finger painting. I knew Rachel would love it! I made an edible finger paint recipe I found on Pinterest (just in case she tried to eat it). It turned out really well and Rachel LOVED LOVED LOVED it! In fact she was looking at these pictures while I was posting this and said she wanted to do it again.

I got the idea from a friend to make a smock out of a garbage bag, and it worked perfectly!
 
 

We couldn't stay out quite as long as we would have liked, because it was way hot! Rachel didn't complain though even in her garbage bag outfit! She called it a ghost shirt. :)
 
 
 
 

Meanwhile our little man was snoozing on his daddy. I love how spread out and relaxed he was!
 

I was so glad I used the garbage bag instead of just stripping her down or something. As it was, she still got way dirty and we had to put her straight in the bath tub afterwards!
 
 

The finished product:


It was a super fun activity, and one that we will for sure be doing again soon!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks like you guys had a blast. I'm not sure you can call kent you little man. All sprawled out like that he looks like a toddler! He is gonna be a tall kid.

Recovery Guru said...

I want to be a fun mama like you! I love how long kent looks on Jacobs lap. He is going to be tall like you and Jacob!!