Friday, January 6, 2012

A Little Christmas Happiness

Well first off, I tried taking a few Christmas-y pictures of Rachel and I am definitly not a photographer but I thought one or two of the 30 pictures or so turned out . (At least Rachel was looking in them anyway.)





I just love this happy girl of mine!


This year was our first year having Christmas with just our little family and it was fun and simple and we liked it, but we also missed seeing the rest of our family.


In both Jacob's family and my family we have the tradition of opening pajama pants on Christmas Eve, so this year I thought I would try my hand at making some for the 3 of us.


Jacob's are a little too big and a little too long. I was trying to surprise Jacob so I couldn't use him to measure off of. I should have measured his other pajama pants but oh well. Rachel's are way way way to long. In fact, I made a pair for Rachel that would be matching mine, but they went up to her armpits so I tried again and they were still a good 3 inches too long. I guess she has something she can grown into. Mine were perfect. I thought it was a fun project and we will definitly be making more for future Christmas Eve's!

Unfortunately on Christmas morning I couldn't find my camera, so I only got a few pictures with my phone.

Here is Rachel enjoying a little Christmas morning chocolate from her stocking. She was tricky and figured out how to open some of the little chocolates on her own. 

Rachel LOVES hats, so we decided to get her one for Christmas! Here she is trying it on for the first time!
I'm not sure why, but she reminds me of my little brother Jeremy in this picture.

Rachel digging into her stocking! The m&m's were her favorite part!

Rachel's Uncle Josh got Rachel a box of mini musical instruments and it was by far her favorite Christmas present! She loves playing on the mini xylophone and shaking the mini maracas. Her other favorite present were some water flutes that my sister Sarah got for her. Between her aunt and  uncle Rachel is on her way to being the next Mozart! Okay, not really, but she really loves the fun instruments they got her.


Jacob and I got Rachel a Mr. Bucket for Christmas (sorry no pictures) which is a bucket that walks around and spits out balls and you are supposed to put the balls back in the top before it runs out. It sounds perfect for Rachel right? Wrong. Rachel was terrified of it! My favorite part was when she spilled her m&m's on the ground and Jacob turned on the Mr. Bucket. Rachel got scared and ran away from it but then she went back to save her m&m's from the possessed bucket. It was pretty funny. Maybe we'll do a better job picking out a present for her next year! :)

No comments: