Sunday, September 4, 2011

Well we have been here and there and everywhere this summer and I've had computer problems through it all, thus the lack of blog posts. My camera is full of pictures and I don't have anywhere to put them. I did just discover that io could blog from my phone though so I'll try this and see how it goes. Some good news is that we are on the home stretch! Only one more month-ish and our little family will be reunited with each other. Its been a long 5 months being apart from Jacob! I got to go down to Texas for Jacob's graduation and I stayed for about 2 1/2 weeks. It was so fun to live with him and just be a family! We had lots of fun and ate way too much junk but it was totally worth the 2 pounds i gained while I was there! It always amazes me that it doesnt matter where we are but as long as we are together it feels like home. Can I just tell you how excited I am to go to Tucson? Last night I was googling Tucson and I kept getting more and more excited to go there. I can't believe how much my little Rachel girl is changing and growing and learning! Just the past couple of days she has decided she wants to walk. She takes a couple of steps on her own and she is so proud of herself for doing it. Every time she takes a step she has to stop and clap afterwards. I love this funny little girl of mine! Rachel is so much fun! I love the stage she is at right now! She loves everybody! She likes to wave and make eyes at anyone who will look at her. It made me laugh, yesterday we were talking to my neighbor in her yard and her son came outside and Rachel loved him. Everytime he walked past she would get so excited and she wanted him to hold her. He had been working on his truck and his hands were dirty so he didn't pick her up but he was holding their cat and brought him over for Rachel to pet. Rachel was funny because she would pet the cat and then she would reach up and "pet" the facial hair on my neighbors face. She cracks me up sometimes! She likes playing little games with mommy. She is starting to explore and get into things and I love it! When we got back to my parents house last week she noticed my moms clock on the wall for the first time. The clock has a pendulum that swings and after watching it for a few seconds Rachel started rocking from side to side like the pendulum. Now everytime she sees it she has to rock for a minute. Rachel loves to be outside and she let's me know when she wants to go out. It is so fun to take her outside and to watch her study everything. I put her on the ground outside for a minute the other day and I ended up picking her back up pretty quick because she started stuffing rocks in her mouth as fast as she could. I don't know if she thought they were candy or what she was thinking but she sure wanted to taste those rocks! I could go on and on about this little girl for days, but it's kinda tricky typing on this phone. I really hope my computer can get fixed soon so I can put up some pictures of my little cutie!

1 comment:

Emily Grant said...

Rachel is so cute! I can't wait till we get to see her again! Tucson will be great for you guys! I still need to make a list of people you could call if you needed something, because I acutally have quite a few friends from college that live down there! :)